Your entire wedding day will be sprinkled with emotion and nervousness – and your wedding toast will surely make no exception from this. How to plan the perfect wedding toast and how to ensure your guests genuinely enjoy it? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- Don’t leave it to the last moment. In fact, write it as much ahead of time as you can. You really need to pull off a great one here, so take your time to find your words.
- When writing it, remember who you are addressing it to. Your guests are all different – they come from various backgrounds, they have different ages and they might feel offended by different things. Surely, you don’t want your wedding toast to make your auntie feel upset about anything, do you?
- Practice, practice, and then practice some more. This will be a really emotional moment – so practice your speech in front of the mirror as much as you can. It will help you feel more in control, it will alleviate the stress and anxiety and it will help you spot any small changes you might want to make.
- Drinking is not a good idea. Of course, it’s OK if you have one (or maybe even two) drinks before the toast. But, in general, staying away from the alcohol is a generally-accepted good idea.
- Keep it short and make sure it’s just the right amount of sweetness. Your wedding toast should not take for more than a few minutes. Also, do make sure you don’t make inside jokes people will not understand – they might be a lot of fun for a couple of people in the audience, but most of the other guests will simply not “get it”.
Looking for a DJ in Troy, Michigan? Contact Memory Maker DJs and we guarantee you will not be disappointed with our devoted, talented and truly professional services.
Photo source: flickr.com/ studiof laboratorio audiovisual